Pages

Welcome to my blog. I hope that you enjoy it. My goal is to keep everyone posted as to my sewing and things that will be sold in my store at http://www.idahoatheart.etsy.com/.
I'll also blog about other things that interest me like my family, cooking (sharing receipes), things I learn along the way, etc. Hope you all enjoy.

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

1st day of No TV went well

Yesterday was in interesting day.  Yesterday we started our week without the TV.  My husband is already questioning my sanity I'm sure.  Originally I wanted to do this last week but because the weather was going to keep us indoors most of the week I pushed it off 'til this week....and lo and behold the weather might do the same thing.

Last night when my husband got home he thought we should push it off and do it when the weather was nice enough that we could do things outside and I almost gave in....almost.  The TV was turned on only once yesterday and it was for our 3 year old daughter to watch her preapproved "Your child can read" movie.  She gets to watch it once since it is for learning purposes.

She really wanted to watch movies throughout the day. 

Here is how our day went:
We had a babysitter come in the morning from about 8:30-12.  I went to Tulsa to help cut out material for some costumes.  The youth here are going to a Youth Conference and need costumes.  We cut out something like 100 poodle skirts and then cut up like 10 rolls of white material to make tier skirts.
I had warned the babysitter that we weren't watching TV this week which turned out to be a good thing.  Sarah doesn't really understand why we aren't watching TV and kept trying to get the babysitter to turn on a movie for her.

When I got home we gathered stuff to donate to the people in Joplin, MS and took it over to a friends house.  They have been given permission my the MS government or local authorities to bring up supplies.

After we did that we came home and while Yana was sleeping, Sarah and I used the last of our batting and some scrap material made some 14"x10" pillows for some kids in Joplin.  We will take those over today with some more stuff we have found to donate.

Josh got home around 5:30 and we had dinner.  We were going to go to Walmart but then we had Flash flood warnings and Tornado warnings so we decided to stay home.  Josh and Sarah played with swords in the living room while I folded laundry and fed Yana.

The girls went to bed at 8 and then Josh and I sat at the kitchen table.  I read my scriptures, wrote in my journal, cut out coupons, wrote recipe cards, went through umpteen magazines and papers and just got a lot of things done.  I'm exactly sure what my husband did but he kept himself entertained.

So all in all it was a good day and so quiet.  I am hoping that after a day or too Sarah will realize how nice it is to have the TV turned off.

Today is sunny but I don't know for how long.  We will be going to the Library for reading time and we will sign Sarah up for the summer reading program.  For any of you in the Tulsa area who have kids...sign them up for the reading program.  Even if they can't read they can sign up and you can read to them and have the books count.

It should be a good day.  I hope you all have a good day.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...